We are URGENTLY seeking to recruit an Interim Shift Manager for a dynamic and progressive organisation based just off the Dargan Road, Belfast.
The successful candidate will be managing the operation on the actual shift but will also need to be 'hands on' whilst working.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
* Having a clear operational plan that drives the operational standard to ensure Client meets their customer expectation.
* Actively manage colleagues on the shift to ensure compliance to targets and health and safety.
* Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to drive a safety culture, reduce cost, improve service etc.
* Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
* Leading the way of best practice for safety. Ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
* Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
* Assisting in the recruitment of new colleagues in line with the Clients' values and behaviours.
* Evaluate the performance of your teams, regularly providing constructive and clear feedback to aid personal and professional development.
* Create and implement the daily resourcing plan, ensuring optimum operational output at all times.
* Deliver training on operational procedures and processes in accordance with company strategy including Standard Operating Practice (SOP’s) with particular focus on housekeeping.
* Managing absence in accordance to the Absence management process inclusive of return to work discussions, absence investigations, long term sick management, colleague welfare inc. colleague health referrals.
* Support Management Team in achieving departmental and company objectives.
Skills / Knowledge:
* Leadership skills and mind-set
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent time management behaviours
* IT skills essential, competent in MS Word, MS Excel
* Ability to conduct administrative tasks such as letter writing and producing meeting minutes
* Ability to influence and engage with individuals and teams through communication
* Experience of working within a culture of safety first and championing that standard to colleagues and self
Hours of work for the salaried role 1400 – 2200, Monday to Friday, and overtime post shift if required by the shift finish times.
Please email your cv to Caroline Parker ASAP or call the office on (phone number removed)
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills