As the Team Leader of Revenue Accounting will assume responsibility for leading the day to day activities of the Revenue Accounting function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. You will support the implementation of the Revenue Accounting strategy for Hilton within the UK, ensuring all revenue is accurately and effectively reported in the financial statements of the hotels and organisation.
You will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton's UK Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Accounting service. The ability to support successful Change Management programmes is considered essential to the success of the role, as is the effective management of the team and relationships with 3rd Parties.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Manager Revenue Accounting, the post holder will be charged with inputting to current best practice which can be expected to be delivered by an upper quartile Accounting operation. They will support in developing and delivering strategies ensuring Hilton's Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to analyse and recognise where process and commercial changes may be required is considered essential.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Project participation skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
You will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos while ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained. The Team Lead Revenue Accounting will assume day to day responsibility for managing, motivating and leading the Revenue Accounting team, engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service delivery.
You will drive delivery of RA goals and objective and tightly manage the team on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Revenue Accounting arena and to take appropriate action where necessary. They will also take ownership of the Revenue Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLA's), assuming responsibility for development, refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded.
* Under the guidance of management, support the delivery of strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function
* Plan and the Revenue Accounting team workloads and priorities, ensuring all department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly
* Influence and motivate the team and ensure all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way
* Maintain and recommend revisions, where necessary, of controls documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables
* Deliver the processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
* Support the team in understanding and delivering guidance on revenue accounting policy and procedures and updates
* Support the team in working with 3rd party providers to implement system / process changes as required, with a continuous monitoring process in place to track and confirm all changes to system and to ensure parameters meet the needs of the business
* Implement and manage function processes to ensure goals are achieved
* Provide guidance and review on revenue reporting for hotels and corporate and ensure all reporting deadlines are met
* Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and co-ordinating all required Revenue Accounting related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
* Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement, upon agreement
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
* Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business.
* Support the Senior Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
* Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
* Coordinate with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
* Support the Senior Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
* Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
* Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
* Analytical review and sign off of the revenue accounting to confirm all postings are accurate and timely in line with expectations
* Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required reporting and submissions deadlines are met
* Co-ordinate the efficient compilation and routing of the management packs for hotels and other stakeholders
* Monitor and manage the team's progress towards delivery of tasks through dashboard reporting, or similar, at individual Hotel level to confirm on track status and resolve open items; taking corrective action to ensure team goals and objectives are met
Senior Analyst - Revenue Accounting
Analyst - Revenue Accounting
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
* Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment
* Able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities, whilst achieving the desired results
* Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation
* Excellent technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting principles with practical application of revenue accounting
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Good project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
* A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
* Good knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
* Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting an hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
* Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
* Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment