Start Date: June 2020
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
This is an exciting opportunity to complete a 12 month placement with our Internal Audit department. This internship is ideally suited to an undergraduate looking to gain practical experience in finance/audit on an international scale as part of your academic studies, with the view to eventually pursuing a career in audit.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the job
As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will play an active role in our continued success. Some of the more specific responsibilities you will be taking on are detailed as follows;
- You will work closely with senior leaders across the business as well as participating in practical learning workshops, gaining in depth understanding of the hotel industry and having opportunities to travel with the job.
- You will assist Internal Audit team members with the planning and execution of both corporate and hotel audits as per the department's risk-based Audit Plan.
- You will participate in meetings with management to understand and document processes & controls and you will perform supervised tests on various internal control activities.
- Other areas of responsibility might include data analysis as part of audit engagements and performing SOX testing.
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be in your second or final year of a Finance or Business related degree at the point of application
- Must be able to start in June 2020 and available for the full 12 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision as required
- Able to exercise absolute discretion as you will regularly deal with confidential information
- Able to hold your own in front of some very senior stakeholders across the business.
Please note that this role may require up to 50% travel internationally. Please ensure that you have considered this prior to applying and that you are realistically able to commit to this level of business travel.
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st January 2020. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You'll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!