Due to a promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Sales Person to join us based at our site in Batley on a full time, permanent basis. We would like to hear from individuals with a background in selling construction related materials, and would be willing to consider people from a variety of backgrounds including Heavy Building Materials, Timber, Light-side, and Plumbing and Heating.
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family-owned Myers Group. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful growing family business with links to the local community. The successful candidate will work both face to face and over the phone selling a full range of construction products to both trade and DIY customers.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our Internal Sales Person, you will receive a competitive salary in addition to great benefits such as:
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Responsibilities of the Internal Sales role include:
- Supporting the Branch Manager in driving sales, taking a lead role within your specialised area
- Proactively managing a portfolio of customers with a view to growing sales
- Proactively selling product ranges as directed by the Branch Manager
- Providing an excellent customer service within all branch departments and working together with your fellow colleagues to share sales leads
Skills and attributes required of our Internal Sales Position:
- Previous customer service experience and knowledge of construction related products is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be self-driven and genuine with a positive attitude
- Must be driven to achieve targets
- Must have a desire to interact with customers and sell the benefits of the company
- IT literate
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- The ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.