About The Role
This role is a perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident graduate who is looking for their first challenge. This Junior/Graduate Commercial Analyst role represents a brilliant opportunity for graduate calibre or an early career professional who has an interest to develop a career within an eccentric and outgoing Commercial team.
This role is sat within the wider Commercial department, it will give you great opportunity to bolster your career opportunities within the Commercial area of business and also grow your existing skillset.
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives professionally and with a smile, so that you develop strong collaborative relationships. You will need to have a curious and active mind to be able to keep up with changing numbers, processes and targets and be open to continuous on the job development either through formal opportunities such as CIMA/work based classes and informal training in the team. You will have a strong numerical ability and demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will be primarily involved with delivering: bespoke Profit & Loss (P&L) analysis to support our weekly reporting, supporting the issue of the annual budget and monthly forecasts. You will also be working with other areas of the business providing ad hoc financial and operational analysis. Completing cost benefit analysis Supporting the delivery of financial and operational reporting Working with department managers to implement and monitor KPIs Communicating information with internal and external stakeholders Generating reports using a range of IT and database systems Supporting the delivery of the monthly forecast and the annual budget process
A Few Things About You
The backbone of this role will rely on the ability to work fast paced to produce analysis & timely reporting mainly in Microsoft Excel. Strong analytical ability and an openness to expand your IT ability over time are our main requirements.
• Good communication skills
• Deadline driven & the ability to manage your own workload
• Comfortable working within a busy team
• Capable of working with confidential and/or sensitive data
• Experience of working in a professional business environment (This may have been attained during University)
• A relevant degree (Business/Finance Ideally)
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills (A knowledge on Sumifs/Pivot tables/Lookups/Conditional Formatting )
• Willing to work towards CIMA Qualification or are already part qualified
• Experience in delivering analysis to senior management/a group of your peers
• Financial or analytical background
• Be highly numerate with a logical & analytical approach to problem solving
• Microsoft Access exposure
- Budget Process
- Operations Research
- Operational Reporting