Location Commutable from: Nottingham
6-12 months Month Contract – potential for extension
£19,000 £20,000 per annum pro rata
As the Laboratory assistant , you will support and run day to day maintenance of the laboratory. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in science and be computer literate with effective communication and organisational skills. It is not mandatory for this person to have worked in a laboratory previously but they must have a theoretical knowledge of practicing within a lab.
The Laboratory assistant will be responsible for:
* Ensure laboratories / manufacturing areas are maintained in a tidy state.
* Cleaning laboratory equipment according with cGMP standards.
* Moving an equipment between laboratories.
* Assembly/disassembly of manufacturing equipment.
* Conduct in-house maintenance, calibration and validation of laboratory equipment in accordance with current procedures.
* Plan and organise external engineer visits to site for preventative maintenance, equipment breakdowns and equipment validation as required.
* Ensure the laboratories are appropriately stocked with consumable and chemical supplies.
* Assist with goods receipt and warehouse operations.
* Assist with hazardous waste management for all laboratories /manufacturing areas.
* Preparing laboratory samples and solutions to assist formulation project work.
Health and Safety
* Ensure that all work is conducted in a responsible and safe manner in accordance with Safety policies and ensure that all Health and Safety considerations are appropriately documented.
* Conduct COSHH assessments when required.
* Conduct Risk Assessments when required.
* Ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with PPE.
* Ensure any health and safety issues are raised to appropriate management.
* Comply with cGMP, Catalent Quality System and associated SOPs.
* Author and maintain assigned SOPs within the Quality system.
* Maintain personnel training record at all times and proactively identify any training requirements for the job role.
Type of person:
We’re wanting to hear from Laboratory assistant who are:
* Able to demonstrate logical thinking
* Very good written and verbal English
* Clear and effective communicator – you will be engaging with a variety of levels within the business
* Immediately available – this is an urgent role which requires someone to begin immediately/short notice
Personal Protective Equipment