Entrust RS is delighted to be working to one of the leading biotech companies in the UK and they are looking to appoint a Laboratory Assistant to be based at their Nottingham facility
Location : Nottingham
Working hour/ week : 37.5 hours
Contract : 6 – 12 month
Pay : £19 – 20K based on contract PAYE rate
Based in Nottingham the facility focuses on early stage development of small molecule drug candidates from the bench to clinic. The facility offers an array of services that support oral dosage forms that include characterization, formulation and analytical development, manufacturing and clinical packaging, labelling and worldwide distribution. Their Nottingham base is the home of their bioavailability enhancement technologies, including Spray Drying and OptiMelt™ Hot Melt Extrusion to support the needs of our client’s most challenging compounds. The MHRA approved facilities include cGMP dose form manufacturing, packaging, analytical and development laboratories.
As Laboratory Assistant you will be technical support to the Product Development Group, looking after and maintaining laboratory and laboratory equipment including overseeing and liaising with contractors.
• Ensure laboratories / manufacturing areas are maintained in a tidy state.
• Cleaning laboratory equipment according with cGMP standards.
• Moving an equipment between laboratories.
• Assembly/disassembly of manufacturing equipment.
• Conduct in-house maintenance, calibration and validation of laboratory equipment in accordance with current procedures.
• Plan and organise external engineer visits to site for preventative maintenance, equipment breakdowns and equipment validation as required.
• Ensure the laboratories are appropriately stocked with consumable and chemical supplies.
• Assist with goods receipt and warehouse operations.
• Assist with hazardous waste management for all laboratories /manufacturing areas.
• Preparing laboratory samples and solutions to assist formulation project work.
Health and Safety
• Ensure that all work is conducted in a responsible and safe manner in accordance with Catalent Health and Safety policies and ensure that all Health and Safety considerations are appropriately documented.
• Conduct COSHH assessments when required.
• Conduct Risk Assessments when required.
• Ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with PPE.
• Ensure any health and safety issues are raised to appropriate management.
• Comply with cGMP, Catalent Quality System and associated SOPs.
• Author and maintain assigned SOPs within the Quality system.
• Maintain personnel training record at all times and proactively identify any training requirements for the job role.
Education or Equivalent Requirements:
• Good standard of education
• Minimum G.C.S.E Math’s and English (or equivalent)
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate diplomatic skills
• Proficient (excellent) in English verbal and written communication skills to convey and receive ideas and instructions to/from others within and outside the organization
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, management, suppliers and customers
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly
• Individual may be required to move an equipment.
• Be accessible to manufacturing floor and office staff and to use required office equipment
• Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and frequent use of computer monitor
If this any interesting opportunity and want to know more then please apply
Personal Protective Equipment
Microsoft Power Point