Contract Type: 12 Months Fixed Term
Job Elements: -
* We are recruiting Clinical Laboratory Managers for a 6-12 month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratory based in Newport that will eventually run on a 24/7 schedule.
* Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
* Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
* Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
* Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
* Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
* Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
* Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
The ideal candidate will have
* Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
* Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience
* Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
* Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics
* Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
* Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
* Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Attention To Detail