Job Title of Vacancy:
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor -
Contract Type - 12 month fixed term contract
Salary / Benefits
£48,600 inc SA
* Seeking full-time Clinical Laboratory Supervisors. This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services.
* Working 12hr shifts to provide a 24/7 testing facility this 12 month contract will be am opportunity to work in a fast paced yet highly regulated environment.
* Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
* Demonstrating technical expertise.
* Contributing to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
* Adhering to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
* Managing and sharing daily workload; using time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
* Demonstrating through knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
* Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies.
* Preparing laboratory for inspections and preparing reports as needed.
* Maintaining good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
* Ensuring all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administering all established quality control procedures and troubleshooting instruments effectively when appropriate.
* Assisting in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience.
* Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
* Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing.
* Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction and Real Time PCR
* Experience in UK lab rules and regulations e.g. ISO15189
* Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
* Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions