This position is based in Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire, we are looking for a local person to join this position.
This role would be well suited for an experienced technician who is either looking towards semi-retirement or a job share position.
Contracted hours is 15 but with regular additional hours
Avantor Services provide a broad variety of on-site Laboratory Services for major pharmaceutical customers and work collaboratively with the client to provide resource to deliver core scientific activities.
Scope of Role
Avantor Services provides a broad variety of on-site Laboratory and Operational Services for major pharmaceutical customers and work collaboratively with the client to provide resource to deliver agreed activities.
As Avantor Lab Technician you will report directly into the Team leader where you will be required to complete the following tasks:
* To carry out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines, GLS & GXP.
* Arrange PM/CM servicing of laboratory equipment. Supervise attending engineers as necessary. Ensure supporting paperwork is received and stored.
* Proactively deliver operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the customer.
* Act as a contact for key suppliers and , actively engaging with stakeholders on a regular basis to understand their business requirements
* Proactively identify and support operational efficiencies by implementing process improvements
* Maintain the laboratory equipment asset register, recording equipment maintenance, servicing, calibration and repair dates and status. Alert equipment owners within the laboratory when equipment requires service or calibration etc. and provide and report equipment status at agreed intervals
* Receipt, replenishment and distribution of laboratory consumables, chemicals and PPE to meet end user requirements, utilising industry leading inventory management technology to track usage and continually optimise stocking levels
* Maintain operation of the water treatment chlorine dosing system. Monitor dosing levels, replenish reagents as required
* To carry out sorting of all site waste including general, hazardous and recyclable materials
* Co-ordinating the waste removal by the appointed specialist company.
* Cleaning of laboratory equipment, water baths, glass washing & general housekeeping
Health and Safety compliance (SHE)
* Supports the On-site services Manager with health and safety compliance and identification/delivery of improvements.
* Participates in SHE or service audits and lead the implementation of actions.
* Previous experience in the completion of SOP’s, COSHH , RA, are desirable.
* Completion of scheduled online Safety modules as per schedule
* Ensure up to date SDS are available for all chemicals received on site
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
* Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
* Some knowledge and experience of lean sigma processes an advantage.
* Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results
* Ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on an ongoing basis
* Proficient in various IT systems particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
* Capability in Manual Handling – Gas Cylinder Handling and transportation, Off- loading and storage of deliveries.
* Experience working unsupervised in a Lab Environment essential
* Experience working to GLP & GMP desired
* Stores/Warehouse and inventory management experience
* Knowledge of SHE requirements in a warehouse environment & Lab Environment
* Awareness Knowledge of GLP & GMP regulations
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members
To be flexible with working hours when required in order to deliver the service required to our customers
Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, a clear attention to detail
Ability to make and act upon logical decisions within sometimes tight timescales
This opportunity not only offers the chance to work in a dynamic growing team but also in a company that is looking to expand in an exciting areas of research. This position also offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with a flexible approach to work in line with your qualifications and experience
Process Improvements (Business)