About the role
We operate a large fleet of LGV Class 1 vehicles with curtain-side trailers, delivering and collecting DS Smith product within the UK from our 4 depots based in Avonmouth, Launceston, Tuxford and Sittingbourne.
We use up-to-date fleet equipment and technology, and of course, safety is paramount to us; we pride ourselves on our strong safety culture and record, as well as our high commitment to customer satisfaction.
We offer bespoke ongoing training, including free in-house 1-to-1 DCPC courses as standard, and we hold industry awards for our commitment to the environment. We are currently expanding and are recognized at a value added unit to the business.
We have a range of work patterns available, including days, nights and weekends. You will be required as a driver to transport paper materials to various UK locations. We offer an unrivalled host of benefits and support when you join us in the DS Smith family.
- Must have Category Class 1 Licence
- Valid DCPC
- Valid Digital Tacho card
- No experience necessary
- Safe & Efficient
- Have good attention to detail
- Have a 'can do' attitude
- Work as part of a team
- Competitive salary plus Enhanced Weekend and Bank Holiday working
- 25 days' holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- Free DCPC
- Free uniform & PPE
- Driver's medical reimbursement
- Free eye tests
- Flexible Working options
- Qualifying Sick Pay scheme
- Pension scheme & Life insurance
- Share Save scheme
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Virtual GP, Occupational Health & free Flu vaccine
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Long service award gifts, retirement gifts and Christmas voucher
- Employee Recognition Scheme 'Smithies' & 'Driver of the Month'
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Shopping discounts