£500 Welcome Bonus
We have an exciting opportunity for an additional Lifestyle Activities Coordinator to join our team at Abbotts Care Home in, Harlow.
Excelcare is a family owned care home group established for over 30 years. Offering great care every day is central to everything we do.
This post is subject to compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (“the Regulations”), which requires the post holder to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
What to Expect:
- Salary: £10.09 - £10.66 per hour depending on qualifications.
- 40 hours a week from Monday – Sunday. You will be required to work alternate weekends.
- Shifts from 9am - 5pm or 8am - 4pm - to be discussed at interview
About the role:
You will be required to create and organise a fun and engaging activities and lifestyle programme to enrich the lives of all residents. This can include activities within the home or liaising with the local community organisations, schools, colleges, churches and much more.
You will be required to engage with the residents and their families to establish an understanding of what activities or lifestyle changes would benefit them individually or as a group.
Planning day outs is also encouraged therefore a good knowledge of surrounding areas and external organisations are desirable.
This role aims to empower our residents and to create an enjoyable and social environment where we strive to make a difference in their day to day life.
What you will need:
- Experience within a similar role is desirable or you could have previous experience in a caring environment.
- Be organised and well planned – looking to make a change using your care experience or particular passion or skill.
- Caring, and compassionate nature with a fun can do attitude.
- A desire to improve the lives of older people.
- Excellent communication/written skills.
What we offer in return for your hard work:
- £500 Welcome Bonus*
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Free on-site parking*
- Enhancement to pay on bank holidays
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding £300 for every person you refer
- DBS certificate paid by Excelcare*
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Funded qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the month - £100 for outstanding contribution
- Free learning and development*
*T’s and C’s apply
If you are interested in this position please apply online today, we look forward to hearing from you.