* Add to favourites
Locum Consultant in Emergency Care x2
Job Reference: 199-M10871--E
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
£79,860 - £107,668
About Croydon Health Services
Croydon is a busy, exciting and diverse place to work. The borough has one of the youngest populations in London and continues to grow. Croydon Health Services cares for local people at Croydon University Hospital, Purley Memorial Hospital and in clinics and people's homes all across the borough.
We are a very close-knit and friendly organisation where everyone of our 3600 members of staff is valued. We strongly believe that our employees are our greatest asset and so through Listening into Action - our way of engaging staff - we empower everyone at any level to initiate and bring about real improvements in our care.
As a Trust, we are striving to be at the forefront for how the NHS is trying change and working in partnership with others to join up services for everyone, from the very young to the elderly.
We offer many flexible and part-time working opportunities and all of our employees can enjoy a range of staff benefits, including parking, a gym, an active health and wellbeing programme, an on-site nursery and a cycle to work scheme. We value diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
We particularly welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates as there is an under-representation at senior level within Croydon Health Services NHS Trust.
#choosecroydon - Follow us on Twitter @CHSrecruit
Consultant - Emergency Medicine
Croydon University Hospital NHS Trust
Consultant in Emergency Medicine 10 Programmed Activities
2 Fixed term locum posts (6-12months) following Royal College Emergency Medicine Approval
We are happy to consider applicants interested in less than full time working
We are looking to welcome new ED Consultant colleagues to our existing dynamic, well-motivated ED team. The successful candidate will join a forward thinking department that is presently staffed by 8 consultants, 7 ST3+ trainees, 9 clinical fellows (4 SCF's & 5 JCF's), 10 FY2 doctors and 3 FY1 doctors. With much recent investment and expansion this appointment is part of an on-going recruitment process with the aim to expand to 14 WTE consultants (4 PEM and 10 EM) over the next 2 years.
We recognise that committing to a substantive post can be a daunting prospect so we are offering 2 fixed term locum posts to allow prospective colleagues get a feel for working within the team before applying for a longer term post. The successful candidate will grow our ED consultant provision with shop floor DCC focussing mainly on Majors and Resus but also covering the Urgent Treatment Centre and Paediatric ED. The on call commitment covers the whole ED so candidates must be trained in both adult and paediatric Emergency Medicine.
Croydon University Hospital is a large District General Hospital in South London with University status. The Trust is committed to providing the highest standards of care and treatment to the people in the Croydon area and is also fully committed to investing in new facilities, personnel and equipment.
We are England's newest Emergency Department having completed a £21million re-build in December 2018. Featuring state of the art resuscitation room with 6 adult and 2 paediatric bays. We have 28 single room, monitored majors cubicles of which five have high dependency monitoring. We now have the benefit of a separate purpose built paediatric ED with segregated adolescent area that includes a CAMH's room and a multisensory treatment room. A link to the 3D fly though of the new department is at the bottom of the advert. We are very proud of our brand new facility and believe the working and caring environment provided by the new ED makes this unique opportunity compared to other hospitals across the country.
Croydon ED has an excellent reputation for the training of both F2 and higher specialist trainees evidenced by recent excellent feedback from the GMC trainee survey. It benefits from being able to offer training in Emergency Medicine Ultrasound as one of our Consultants; Mr Blakeley is the current London Deanery Lead for this sub-speciality. It also has an impressive record of published research.
Applications are welcome from those just completing their specialist training as well as established consultants looking for a new challenge. Prospective candidates should have completed a recognised training programme in Emergency Medicine and GMC registered. Candidates must also be on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of their completion of specialist training at interview.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to contact us prior to application and to arrange a visit to the department.
Dr Kathryn Channing Clinical Business Unit Lead for Acute and Emergency Medicine Apply Now >>
WE COMMUNICATE TO ALL JOB APPLICANTS VIA THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WHICH HAS BEEN PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CHECK YOUR E-MAIL ON A REGULAR BASIS
* After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application or receive messages through the NHS Jobs website, and as an employer, we will not be able to respond to any e-mails sent to us via the NHS Jobs website. By applying for this post you are agreeing to Croydon Health Services NHS Trust transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
* In submitting an application form, you authorise Croydon Health Services NHS Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
* During the recruitment process your Identity Documentation will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents provided.
* Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
* If you decide to apply for this post, but do not hear back from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
* If you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act, require the application form in a different format or would like advice in regard to the recruitment process, please telephone the Human Resources Department on Apply Now >>
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Hospital Medical and Dental Staff
Medical & Dental
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (750 KB)
Apply for this job
* CHS DBS Policy Statement
* Accommodation Leaflet
* Croydon Health Services
* How to find Croydon Health Services
* Croydon Health Services NHS Trust Vacancies
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.