Job Title: Engineer (Production)
Department: Ink Bussiness Unit - Ink Engineering
Reports to: Senior Engineer / Engineering Specialist
Epson Telford Limited was established in 1987, we are on a 50-acre site and operate a 24/7 manufacturing site.
We are the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridges and textile inks. These products are shipped to an Epson warehouse in Germany where they are then distributed throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything we do, from our Cleanroom environment to our in-house machinery, design and technology improvements from which we use our own Epson 6-axis robots.
£31,700 - £40,170 depending on shift allocated.
1 position on Three Rotational Shift Pattern (20%):
Week 1 - Sunday 11pm to 6am Monday to Thursday 10pm to 6am
Week 2 - Monday to Thursday 2pm to 10pm Friday 1pm to 8pm
Week 3 - Monday to Thursday 6am to 2pm Friday 6am to 1pm
1 position of Full Continetnal Shift Pattern (30%):
Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6am to 6pm
Week 2 - Wednesday and Thursday 6am to 6pm
Week 3 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6pm to 6am
Week 4 - Wednesday and Thursday 6pm to 6am
Please state your shift preference within your application.
The post holder is required to ensure all Production lines are achieving daily Quality, production outputs and productivity targets are achieved.
To ensure a quick response to all day to day reactive breakdowns. Focus on implementing route cause countermeasures for repetitive breakdowns and improvements in machine output with regards to Quality & Productivity and the quality of the Product is within standard.
Ensure all spares are ordered along with all Department systems are filled in correctly. Help mentor apprentices and Operators within the Department.
Main job functions:
- To ensure all machinery breakdowns are responded to quickly and efficiently, and fault-finding is logical to ensure route cause is identified quickly and efficiently and all repairs are carried out to a high standard.
- Working closely with production staff, to ensure line productivity performance, reduction in error counts, line cycle time and quality is within standard.
- Carrying out improvement work and modifications to improve the overall line efficiency.
- Investigate, propose and apply continuous process improvements and ideas and ensuring all pre and post data is captured to ensure re-occurring issues are a key focus to help achieve/reduce quality DPM, customer complaints and, machine Productivity / OEE.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Must have good communication skills both face to face and via various media.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
- Take ownership of tasks.
- Self-time management.
- Logical fault-finding ability.
- Manual fitting skills.
- Logical fault finding / route cause analysis.
- Flexibility and adoptability to change.
- HNC or NVQ4 in an engineering function.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical qualifications.
Experience required (essential):
- Previous experience in a similar role.
Experience required (desierable):
- Working in a similar environment with similar equipment (FMGC).
- Basic hand tool and machinery skills.
- Basic electrical fault finding.
- Knowledge of vacuum systems.
- KPI related bonus.
- Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions.
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary.
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme.
- 31 days holiday (incl Bank holidays).
- Discounted Epson products and consumables.
- Onsite occupational health and physiotherapist.
- Free eye tests.
- EAP support progam.
- Company Sick Pay scheme.
- Free secure parking onsite.