Maintenance Engineer (Plant Equipment)
Zotefoams currently have a vacancy for a Maintenance Engineer. Through continuous improvement, you will drive the move from a "repair culture" to an "improvement culture.
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Croydon, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Week 1 6.30am to 3pm Monday to Thursday. Week 2 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday. Every Friday will be 7.45am to 1.35pm
Salary: Circa £35,298 per annum depending on experience
Benefits: Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance, bonus, share purchase scheme.
About the role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining industrial plastic foam manufacturing plant comprising steam boilers, thermal oil heaters, high pressure compressors, extrusion equipment, pressure vessels and associated process equipment.
Providing maintenance expertise you will be responsible for the maintenance of plant and associated equipment ensuring that it is available to meet production requirements whilst minimising machinery downturn. You will carry out planned, preventative and routine electro mechanical maintenance and fault finding, recording the results and taking action in the case of defective plant equipment to ensure safe operation at all times.
• Holding an Electrical or Mechanical qualification: Nationally recognised level of competence
• Substantial industrial / practical experience in a multi-skilled role (Electrical and mechanical maintenance)
• Ability to work alone using initiative as well as working in a team
• Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements
• Experienced in both Electrical and Mechanical fault finding
• Strong analytical, problem solving and IT skills
• Possesses a high level of literacy and numerical ability
• Experienced in problem analysis and continuous improvement
Desirable skills / experience:
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Mitsubishi / Siemens' knowledge
• Understanding and knowledge of SCADA systems
Zotefoams plc designs and manufactures specialised foam products for a world of everyday applications.
For nearly 100 years we have created solutions that enable our customers to become more competitive, profitable and sustainable. Our leadership position today is based on our portfolio of differentiated products, our technological excellence and our exceptional people.
Looking forward, our products will provide solutions in a resource-constrained world with a population that is getting older, healthier and wealthier, by helping to save energy, reduce waste, improve safety standards and keep people active.
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Plant Equipment, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled, Repairs, Maintenance Engineer, SCADA, PPM, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Mechanical Engineer, Plant Technician, Corrective Maintenance, Manufacturing etc.