Job Title: Process Technician
Department: Injection Moulding
Reports to: Shift Engineer
About our client:
Our client, established in 1987, are on a 50-acre site and operate a 24/7 manufacturing site.
They are the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridges and textile inks. These products are shipped to a warehouse in Germany where they are then distributed throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything our client do, from their Cleanroom environment to their in-house machinery, design and technology improvements from which they use their own Epson 6-axis robots.
£27,325 plus 30% shift allowance (£35,522)
Hours of work:
Full Continental – 30% shift allowance
Week 1 – Monday Tuesday Friday Saturday and Sunday 6.00am to 6.00pm
Week 2 – Wednesday and Thursday 6.00am to 6.00pm
Week 3 – Monday Tuesday Friday Saturday and Sunday 6.00pm to 6.00am
Week 4 – Wednesday and Thursday 6.00pm to 6.00am
Main job functions:
- To ensure all machinery breakdowns are responded to quickly and efficiently, and fault-finding is logical to ensure route cause is identified quickly and efficiently.
- Working closely with production staff, to ensure line productivity performance, reduction in error counts, line cycle time and quality is within standard.
- Investigate, propose and apply continuous process improvements and ideas and ensuring all pre and post data is captured to ensure re-occurring issues are a key focus to help achieve/reduce quality DPM, customer complaints and, machine Productivity / OEE
- Mentor junior members of the team and responsibility of apprentices.
Note: In addition to these functions, Employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure the Health, Safety and welfare of all staff specifically within the department
- To ensure all work is focused around the achievement of plans and ensuring optimum line productivity, any delay is communicated to the relevant members, propose solutions to any line stoppages to ensure maximum up time
- To promote and support internal companywide Activities (Suggestion Scheme, SGA’s, 5S Activities, Audits etc) in line with company targets
- To maintain 5S levels in line with showroom factory conditions
- To undertake other duties as and when required
- Must have good communication skills both face to face and via various media
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Take ownership of tasks
- Self-time management
- Logical fault-finding ability
- Manual fitting skills
- Flexibility and adoptability to change
Qualifications – Essential:
- Level 2 / Level 3 in an engineering function
- ONC/ Level 3 in an engineering function
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working in a similar environment with similar equipment (FMGC)
- Basic hand tool and machinery skills
- Basic electrical fault finding
- KPI related bonus
- Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme
- 31 days holiday (incl Bank holidays
- Discounted company products and consumables
- Onsite occupational health and physiotherapist
- Free eye tests
- EAP support program
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Free secure parking onsite
- Construction Toolkits
- Mechanical Assembly
- Microsoft Office