Management Accountant (Business Admin Team Lead) | Finance | Washington | Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
At Spire Washington Hospital we are looking to hire an important part of our finance team to help with the day to day revenue streams of our hospital. You will support the finance and commercial manager with translating and implementing the hospital strategy into operational practice and with delivering our annual operating plans.
Spire Washington is a 35 in patient bedded hospital with 10 consultation and 2 treatment rooms. We offer a range of services and facilities including 4 operating theatres, covering specialities including Orthopaedics and Gynaecology and a full Diagnostic suite. We provide speedy access to state of the art healthcare facilities and services to ensure fast diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Our patients benefit from expert consultants, diagnostic tests and procedures.
You will also be responsible for managing a small BA team in the finance department and assisting with professional development and training, whilst also taking responsibility for escalations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that the processes and structures of the hospital finance team are appropriate for the delivery of robust data collection and delivery of accurate and meaningful monthly performance management information.
- Benchmarking departmental/hospital performance on an on-going basis, against KPIs, budget, prior year and other hospitals with the resultant challenge and action to achieve desired outcomes.
- To provide a Finance Business Partnering service to hospital HODs.
- Accountable for hospital wide theatre, OPD and other revenue streams invoicing practices, and associated controls/checks.
- To have direct line management responsibility for the Assistant Accountant, Business Administrator(s), and OPD accounts.
Who we're looking for:
- Part qualified accountant in either CIMA or ACCA and actively studying
- Experience of working as a site “number 2” from a finance perspective (Desirable)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- People management experience
- SAP experience (Desirable)
- Experience in healthcare or other customer orientated business (Desirable)
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Luke Taylor on 07850 730906 or via email: [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Benchmarking (Project Management)