Management Accountant | Finance | Regents Gate, Reading | Full time, Permanent
Spire Healthcare has an exciting opportunity in our Finance department. We are currently looking for a qualified Management Accountant to join us on a full time and permanent basis.
Hospitals provide a complex 24 hour critical healthcare service. The Management Accountant post will be based in a Spire Healthcare location within the UK.
The role may involve some occasional travel across the Spire Healthcare network of hospitals.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the provision of management information, financial analysis and financial planning support within Spire Healthcare. To support the delivery and development of monthly management reporting, forecasting and budgeting production.
- Support the business in the delivery of monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets plan according to timetable.
- Analyse Business Revenues through payor splits, using knowledge of commercial agreements with Insurers, in order to understand monthly accounts performance.
- Support hospitals and central functions with analysis to achieve their objectives and undertake any other ad hoc activities as required.
- Contribute to the continuing development of process improvements. Use the information available in the SAP system to identify opportunities and communicate actions necessary to bring about improvements with concerned parties.
- Consolidation and communication of weekly forecast.
- To be involved in different project work, as needed to support the business objectives. This may be leading the project in its entirety (or a working group within it), supporting another member of the team or just being a project member.
Who are we looking for:
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA\\ACCA\\ICAEW)
- Have previous experience of working in the healthcare industry (desirable but not essential)
- Possess strong all round accountancy knowledge and also able to demonstrate sound business understanding with the ability to communicate financial issues in a way which non-financial managers at all levels in the organisation can understand
- Have good interpersonal skills
- PC literate, good MS Excel skills. Previous knowledge of SAP, Business Objects and BPC/EPM for budgeting would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet financial reporting deadlines
- Possess an enthusiastic “can do” attitude and be naturally inquisitive
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holiday
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement option
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications