Job Title: Membership Manager
Salary: £27,350 p/a
Job type: Permanent, Full time. (35hrs p/w)
Who we are:
Based in Hartland, The Resurgence Trust is an educational charity at the forefront of a movement for change. The charity was established in 2006 to further the educational work of Resurgence magazine.
The Resurgence Trust informs the environmental debate, inspires a culture of optimism and guides us towards positive solutions to the global challenges we now face.
The role & what to expect:
The right candidate must be able or willing to travel to Hartland 5 days a week.
On a day-to-day basis the right candidate will be working closely with our existing Membership Manager until April 2022, you will then be responsible for managing the Membership department. Responsibilities include providing a high level of customer service, preparing reports for trustees and management, liaising with our mailing house and printers and ensuring legal compliance with BACS, gift aid and PCI DSS.
With input from the Management Team, the Membership Manager will have the following;
- Maintaining a high quality and responsive membership service, ensuring that members understand membership benefits and receive Resurgence & Ecologist magazine on time;
- Actively promote the Trust to new and potential members through responsive communication;
- Develop and manage the membership department's systems, software and processes;
- Daily management of membership administration, ensuring processes and GDPR policies are adhered to;
- Orchestrate the renewal process, supporting the finance manager with communications to secure membership renewals;
- Ensure memberships and any other debts are paid timely;
- Develop and manage the annual membership renewal process;
- Report behavioural trends and demographic to support future membership acquisition and retention;
- Liaise across all departments to keep them informed of membership performance;
- Document regular membership reports and statistics;
- Work with the Marketing Team on membership acquisition, retention and the creation of the annual membership strategy;
- Work with the Management Team on partnerships, collaborations and reciprocal arrangements.
- Support other programmes within the Trust.
- Marketing activities relating to membership and event promotion.
- Other Ad Hoc office support.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working in the charity sector.
- Supportive of the values, principles and holistic philosophy of The Resurgence Trust.
- Proven experience as a Membership Manager or managing a large client base (minimum 3 years).
- Analytical and systematic in approach, able to prioritise and think critically.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literate and highly competent using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have experience and ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and use databases to extract information and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience required:
- An understanding of the legal requirements regarding Gift Aid.
- Experience of setting up Direct Debits, BACs and PCI DSS.
- Sound understanding of the current challenges in the environmental landscape.
- Full, clear driving licence with car.
- Your annual performance review is based on this overall job description.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Membership Officer, Membership Assistant, Office Administration, Membership Development, Client Relationship Management, Membership Administrator, Membership Engagement Officer, Membership Recruitment, Membership Advisor, Business Development Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Development, New Business Sales Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Business Support, Customer Service Representative, Business Administrator, Finance Administration, Finance Administrator, and Financial Clerk may also be considered for this role.