Job Title: Blow Moulding Processing Engineer
Department: Blow Moulding Department
Reports to: Production Manager
Salary: £36,462 (working continental day shift – 6am to 6pm)
Epson Telford Limited was established in 1987, we are on a 50-acre site and operate a 24/7 manufacturing site.
We are the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridges and textile inks. These products are shipped to an Epson warehouse in Germany where they are then distributed throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything we do, from our Cleanroom environment to our in-house machinery, design and technology improvements from which we use our own Epson 6-axis robots.
The successful candidate will provide blow moulding engineering support to the site moulding operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality and safety.
Typically, the post holder is required to achieve daily production outputs and supervise, control and develop all shift technicians, operators and apprentices within the department. They are required to ensure that all departmental systems and procedures are followed correctly and applied efficiently in all areas of the process.
As the engineer you will be supervising operators working Extrusion Blow Moulding machines to ensure all products are manufactured to our high-quality specifications and on time. You would be performing basic production engineering maintenance of the machines maintaining the production schedule, carrying out regular product quality checks and liaising with other departments.
The process engineer will be a key member of the moulding team responsible also for new product development, processing and troubleshooting, continuous improvement, and documentation.
Provide integral support to the production floor by monitoring and troubleshooting production processes Work with Engineering, Quality, and Production teams to identify, analyse, and correct and production related problems
Responsible for mould set ups, changeovers, and process optimization
Setup and operate a variety of material handling, moulding and assembly equipment.
E.g. mould setup, auxiliary equipment setup and other related moulding equipment
The role expectations:
Duties require application of blow moulding process engineering principles and practices specifically related to the material processing and design of injection blow moulds, process parameter development and optimization, component related defects, trouble shooting, corrective action implementation, process optimization, validation and approval Extrusion Blow Moulding processes.
- Responsible for evaluating material properties and production requirements to identify the appropriate blow moulding process technology for the container design and polymer characteristics.
- Maintain a consistent level of high-quality blow moulded components in accordance with the departmental daily control systems & procedures
- Maintenance of the Blow moulding machines and associated ancillary equipment
- Support engineering projects to further enhance the moulding environment in relation to Quality, Cost & Delivery
- Ensure all tools and equipment are available to meet the manufacturing requirements and maintained in the appropriate manner.
- Supervise technicians, operators & apprentices,
- Participate and support planned/unplanned mould tool/insert changes from last off to first off inspection & approval
- Achieve objectives/targets outlined in the annual section business plan
- Identifies and recommends critical equipment components required to correctly process polymer in the appropriate blow moulding process
- Complete process engineering assessment to identify processing challenges and corrective actions.
- Provides recommendations regarding the technical feasibility of the method or means to resolve diagnosed problems, testing and corrective action plans.
- Development and setting of optimum moulding parameters to achieve production volume goals with the highest quality.
- Working with moulding technicians, and operators to improve quality and productivity of components.
- Coordination with the Tool room Engineers and production engineers.
- Prepares documentation and reports to meet quality system guidelines.
- Training and development of departmental staff.
- Leads, plans and coordinates projects to meet quality, productivity and cost departmental goals.
- Supports operation and set-up.
- Material changes, trials, testing, etc.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of all moulding auxiliary equipment.
- Coordination the correcting and testing of prototypes, production and auxiliary equipment.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tool changes.
- Process optimisation.
- Production troubleshooting.
- Cycle time optimisation.
- Tooling and material trials.
Polymer Processing Certificate Part 3 and Blow Moulding experience within a plastics manufacturing or engineering environment. Machine setting & trouble-shooting experience is essential.
All successful applicants will be invited to a 1st interview, this will take place via a Teams meeting.
Second stage will include online numerical and verbal psychometric tests.
Product Quality Assurance
Quality Management Systems
Corrective And Preventive Actions