Our DS Smith site in Kettering is searching for a Multi Skilled Engineer with an electrical bias to implement strategic maintenance initiatives in order to increase plant and asset reliability. You will be working closely with the Reliability Engineer, Operations, Engineering, OEMs and vendors to develop and implement best practices and increase plant and asset reliability.
Can you bring a hands on and proactive approach to maintenance?
Do you have experience of minimising downtime of machines to avoid costs to the business?
Are all your engineering efforts focused upon increasing productivity and efficiencies?
If you can answer YES to all the above questions, and feel that you are the right person for DS Smith then please read on.
Further responsibilities will include:
- To work safely at all times, complying with and using safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements
- To efficiently and effectively fault find and resolve technical/process issues
- To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
- To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned
- To provide technical support for capital projects and improvement activity
- To effectively communicate within and across departments using escalation procedures to manage issues and priorities
- Experienced in both mechanical and electrical engineering
- Ideally holding an electrical qualification
- Ability to work independently and identify areas that need preventive maintenance
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Successful track record of working within a fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to carry out risk assessments and document method statements
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electrical Engineering