Job Locations UK-Yorkshire-Sheffield
Element has an opportunity for NDT Technician to join its growing team in Sheffield. Offering qualified expertise in non-destructive testing, Element Sheffield services some of the largest Engineering businesses in the world who know that the integrity of their products' components is critical to both safety and performance. Imperfections, while often difficult to detect, can result in failures that have consequences far beyond the commercial cost. The non-destructive testing (NDT) that Element conducts is a highly effective way to detect even the smallest damage or imperfection in materials before or during their operational life.
* Ensure products received for testing/processing are appropriately handled and stored correctly
* Ensure you are suitably trained, qualified and authorised for the testing/processing you are planned to perform
* Set up and calibrate equipment to ensure correct usage
* Ensure equipment is used correctly and is available, in a satisfactory condition, for the next test
* Ensure testing is carried out to the relevant technical and quality specifications required by the customer
* Conduct any necessary preparation of parts before and after inspection in accordance with written instructions
* Perform tests, interpret and evaluate results in accordance with standards and specifications
* Prepare and develop written instructions from approved general procedures
* Exercise assigned responsibility for the on-the-job training
* Actively participate in 5S events, ensure workstations and facility meet the required standard at all times
Skills / Qualifications
* UT, MPI, DPI and ET Inspectors qualified to PCN / NAS 410, EN 4179 or ASNT Level II
* Passion for developing a career in Engineering is essential
* An awareness of and passion for health and safety
* A basic knowledge of other NDT testing methodology would be highly advantageous
* Professional and hardworking individual
* Ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong analytical way of working as well as excellent problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
* Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
* Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
* Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
* Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.