Night Supervisor – Supported Living
Salary: £10.60 per hour
45 hours a week – 8pm – 8am – covering 5 days.
We are looking for a Night Supervisor to join our team at Dinardos Supports Ltd. In this role you will be required to drive between our units and undertake well-being checks on our service users. You will also need to check on the safety and security of our buildings.
You will be representing the company during these hours therefore you should be able to deal with crisis situations as they arise and be able to communicate effectively with people inside and outside of the organisation.
You will also be an extra support to the team when we require staff at night.
Our locations cover the South East London area, Lewisham, Catford, Crystal Palace, Sydenham and Peckham.
- To support and encourage service user to develop and rediscover social skills
- Be able to deal efficiently and respectfully with LAS, NHS and local authority.
- To undertake night cover arrangements across all our sites.
- To assist and encourage service users with general financial management and activities of daily living
- To support service user’s health and well-being
- To ensure that service user’s files both written and computerized are up to date and any incidents or other information is fully reported and recorded.
- You will provide practical and emotional support as necessary and appropriate.
- To ensure that all service users are treated with equal respect, kindness and courtesy at all times and their dignity is maintained.
- Conducting audits and writing accurate reports.
- To supervise and support staff on night duties.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Driver – Full driving license. (Pool vehicle will be provided)
- Basic legal knowledge of benefits and housing.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with local authority, LAS etc.
- Able to work on own initiative, dealing with crisis situations.
- Patient, a good listener, and able to have empathy with service users who have often suffered abuse over many years
- Able to communicate in a friendly and respectful manner with service users as well as colleagues
- In possession of an NVQ Level 2 (or higher) in Social Care
Dinardos is a social care provider specialising in supporting Adults with challenging and complex needs.
If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding, role in social care, please apply today.