Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
About the Service:
One of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Job outline: To lead, manage and co-ordinate the delivery the SARC service in accordance with Contractual Obligations, National guidelines and Local Targets and play a pivotal role in it’s continued development within budgetary restraints. To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC code conduct.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Registered Nurse 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience of working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Clinical Governance knowledge and experience
- Team Leader and management experience in healthcare
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Safeguarding skills and knowledge.
- Good understanding of Confidentiality and Information Governance.
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting
- Speculum Examination Skills
- Access to own transport
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Time management
- Service development and delivery
- Experience of CQC Registration and standards
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Working with Vulnerable Groups
Benefits as a SARC Manager
- Salary of £37,000-£41,000 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts