Role: Occupational Hygiene - Trainee Technician
Type: Full time, Monday to Friday 0900 – 1700, 37.5 hrs pw
Location: Milton Keynes (with frequent travel across the UK)
Salary: £20,00 per annum plus benefits
RPS are seeking an enthusiastic trainee looking to build a rewarding career in an industry renowned and growing team. The right individual will be fully supported with in-house and external training to assist in their eventual progression to the BOHS Certificate of Competence.
As our Occupational Hygiene Trainee Technician, you will undertake technical activities including fact fit and LEV testing, indoor air quality surveys, COSHH assessments and noise surveys.
Key Responsibilities include;
* Attending site throughout the UK to witness these activities
* Providing data, samples for analysis and the provision of technical reports
* Progress reports to the office / line manager in line with company procedures
Your skills and experience
* A science related degree or equivalent is highly desirable
* Able and willing to work alone as required
* A reliable team player with a can-do attitude
* Highly organised and able to prioritise
* Good interpretation skills of numerical data
* Strong MS office suite skills and able to provide technical reports
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Full clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel frequently
* An adaptable and flexible approach
What we offer you
We will give you the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in this industry. We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration and clever thinking – to drive solutions-based outputs that deliver sustainable benefit for our clients, their projects and the environment. We also actively create global mobility opportunities for our talented people, enabling us to deliver interconnected sectors and services, and make RPS a great place to do great work.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical illness cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Dental Cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and a BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards. Once you have successfully completed your probationary period you will also be entitled to a company car with this role