Blackstone Recruitment are looking for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to work in a neuro rehabilitation setting in Wiltshire.
To start as soon as possible for a permanent contract.
A summary of the position include the following:
Specialising in the provision of care for people suffering from complex conditions related to, or caused by, acquired/traumatic brain injury and other neurological illnesses, including spinal cord injury.
A key element in developing our new workforce is ensuring that we recruit the right people, with the right skills to be in post at the right time; and as such, values-based recruitment will be incorporated. Please find information on our Values in the job description.
The Lead Occupational Therapist will work with patients who have a neurological injury, using evidence-based principles, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
The role will require an individual who is highly competent in the management of acquired disorders of communication and swallowing; and an in-depth knowledge of the physical, psychological, and emotional consequences of acquired disability and difficulty.
The post-holder will work collaboratively within the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure a comprehensive and patient-centred service, utilising integrated working to optimise outcomes.
You will need:
* To provide clinical and professional leadership to a team of qualified members of staff and assistants, as part of the wider therapy team and Interdisciplinary Team.
* To assist in developing the teams and the service delivery models and will contribute to the development of a service from initiation to delivery of excellence.
* 3 years post registration experience of working with patients in the acute and rehab neuro setting at a senior level
* To take a lead role in the supervision and teaching of OTs and assistants
* To provide specialist knowledge in assessment, management and treatment of complex neurological presentations
* You will be a therapist with current HCPC or professional registration in Occupational Therapy
* Documented evidence of continuing professional development within neuro occupational therapy
* Extensive clinical experience in relevant clinical area outcome measures
* This is a once in a career opportunity to join a service from the very beginning, influencing the development of the Occupational Therapy Department, and the delivery of the highest quality neurorehabilitation. We are looking for an experienced and skilled Occupatiaonl Therapist who is passionate about optimising patient outcomes and joining a strong and dynamic team.
For more information on this role or to receive a job description please contact Emma Ansett at Blackstone Recruitment on the details provided
Apply today if you are available for this role!
Blackstone Recruitment Ltd. is a workforce solutions provider to both public and private sector clients within health & social care. With over 30 years combined experience we deliver qualified, compliant and experienced candidates to our clients across the UK and overseas. Our specialist divisions cover Social Care, Mental Health and Healthcare. Blackstone Recruitment Ltd is a supplier of choice to over 200 local authorities, NHS Trust and private organisations. Contact us today to find out more on how we can help you