PA / Workplace Manager
University of Warwick
Other - See Job
Hours and days
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Rate of pay
The PA/Workplace Manager will provide full PA support to the Commercial Directors and is responsible for ensuring the office meets the required service quality and HSEQ standards at all times to employees and visitors. Due to the maternity of the Facility Co-ordinator, they take ownership of the building, act as the central point of contact for all operational aspects of the building, and ensure services are delivered in a professional and polite manner. In addition to ensuring statutory compliance, there is a requirement to take a pro-active approach.
Duties and responsibilities
* Maintain and provide a support service for the SMT daily schedule, including forward planning of workload, diary management and co-ordinating and collating all relevant paperwork.
* Set appointments and meetings as requested including regular one to one meetings with direct reports.
* Service meetings, including preparation of meeting papers, obtaining and preparing briefing materials and presentations, and taking minutes when requested/where necessary
* Support reporting, presentation preparation and oversee sales governance
* Respond and advise efficiently to all electronic or verbal enquiries for SMT, using their own initiative
* Liaise effectively with internal divisions/departments and external organisations on behalf of SMT.
* Advise of impending work deadlines for both internal and external commitments, e.g. reports, presentations, conferences, projects
* Ensure the smooth flow of information, including action monitoring to achieve deadlines and project milestones
* Effectively plan and coordinate team training, workshops and team conferences on behalf of SMT, from inception through to event management, budgetary control, invoicing and feedback
* Responsible for monitoring the use of the corporate purchasing and credit card. Submitting receipted returns to the Finance Department. To submit expenses claims, both internal and external, on behalf of SMT.
* Organise travel arrangements for SMT
* Provide an exceptional customer service experience to all colleagues and guests visiting
* Smooth and streamlined working relationship with key stakeholders to ensure service excellence
* Excellent multi-tasking skills being able to manage multiple situations in a calm, professional manner
* Use operational knowledge of the facility to provide swift resolution to any challenges experienced by employees or guests
* Regular interaction with key stakeholders, Landlord, Housekeeping, Technical Services and service partners to ensure service excellence at all times
* Skills and experience
+ There are two essential skills for this role:
o Good organisational / planning. The person must be able to plan a series of tasks and events but be flexible and able to react accordingly if things change
o Confident personality. This is a client facing role who will be the first person a client/visitor sees when engaging with ISS. They must be confident and able to demonstrate our values
o Experience of working in a customer facing environment is preferred