* Search & Apply
Excellence in every area
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
About the facility
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
Provide a specialist individualised adult and paediatric perfusion practice to support and facilitate care to patients/clients. Supporting the Lead/senior Perfusionist in the co -ordination of the perfusion service. Demonstrate the ability to deal with complex situations and take appropriate action in conjunction with the Lead Perfusionist and Theatre or Cardiac Catheter Lab Lead Practitioner in emergency or unforeseen situations.
This is a permanent, full time position (37.5 hours a week) with a competitive salary depending upon experience.
Reward & recognition - We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Support Surgical Services manager to ensure a continued service provision
* Participation in all aspects of the provision of perfusion services including 24hr On-Call responsibilities.
* The post holder will ensure that professional & national standards are met and will act as a positive role model to junior team members following the Royal Society of Perfusion guidelines
* To act as a clinical expert within the area of work demonstrating specialist knowledge, skills and expertise
* Ensure that all staff working within their specialty is working to the required level of clinical and professional competence.
* Select the appropriated disposables and Hardware according to needs of the patient and surgeons preferences.
* Ensure that stock levels are maintained at all times in association with the Materials Co-ordinator for Theatre/Cath Lab
Skills and Experience
* Accredited Perfusionist registered with the Society of Clinical Perfusion Scientists of Great Britain & Ireland.
* Extensive relevant post-accreditation experience
* Competent in all aspects of clinical perfusion, including adults.
* Intra Aortic Balloon Therapy
* Near Patient testing including TEG
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.