CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Shift Production Support Chemist on behalf of a North East based Pharmaceutical CDMO.
If you have experience working in an API Manufacturing environment and a background in Process/Organic Chemistry, then please feel free to get in touch and apply.
* Giving technical support to the shift Operations teams for the processes running in the manufacturing plants, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
* Starting investigations into processing issues (e.g., atypical in-process results, reduced yields) as soon as a problem is identified and working with existing project teams to resolve issues.
* Maintaining knowledge of the processes in routine production.
* Identification and leadership of process improvement and waste minimisation projects.
* Review cleanout and commissioning performance to minimize time and waste generation.
* Delivering training on HSE, cGMP, and new product processes operations to the Operations teams.
* Carrying out scheduled HSE and cGMP audits of all areas.
* Laboratory work outside standard daytime working hours to support R&D and kilo laboratory programmes.
* Implementing and maintaining KPIs
* Delivering problem solving sessions / techniques and size the prize sessions.
* An understanding of cGMP and HSE competence
* BSc/MSc/PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering or substantial period of relevant manufacturing experience
* Computer literate in Word and Excel, ideally with knowledge of SAP
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners
Complex Problem Solving
Health Safety And Environment