Location: Pinner HA5 2AG
Apply by: 13/12/2019
Pinner HA5 2AG
Add to basket View on map Share Apply
About the role
From time To time
Mon 14:45:00 19:00:00
Tue 14:45:00 19:00:00
Fri 14:00:00 19:00:00
Sat 10:00:00 14:30:00
Days From time To time
Sun 10:00:00 14:00:00
Sat 11:30:00 20:00:00
Discover what it's like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering a gold standard service and care.
There's a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you'll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as support for giving up smoking, reviewing customers' use of medicines, checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It's very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside industry experts, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
We're committed to finding the very Pharmacy Technician/ Accuracy Checking Technician out there.
We are looking for talented and driven professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Pharmacy Assistants are integral to the running of our Pharmacies. We are looking for someone who is a team player, and can take on the following responsibilities:
* Supporting the management of one of our new modern Pharmacies.
* Applying your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
* Dispensing prescription medicines, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy are maintained at all times.
* Talking to customers and offering information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, providing our customers with a great service, making them want to visit our Pharmacy again.
* Offering appropriate information to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products.
* Taking time to understand the customers' needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
* Advising customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
* Supporting and delivering Pharmacy services and the dispensing process according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Assessing the legal appropriateness of dispensed prescriptions.
* Dealing with clinical and legal queries from Healthcare practitioners within area of competence.
* Responding to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, informing the Pharmacist of any complaints.
* Ensuring all dispensary routines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
* Ensuring dispensary and consulting rooms are clean, tidy and free of clutter.
* Ensuring all prescription administration is accurate and completed on time.
* Bringing promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
* Carrying out all procedures accurately to protect profit and ensure we trade safely and legally.
* Supporting the Pharmacy Manager and Duty Pharmacy Manager with the supervision and development of other members of the pharmacy team through coaching and feedback.
* Maintaining a personal development record with the GPhC and completing corporate and departmental training.
* Keeping up to date with legal and professional developments in pharmacy.
* Maintaining annual registration with GPhC.
You will need
* A pharmacy technician/ accuracy checking technician NVQ (or similar) qualification
* Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician/Accuracy Checking Technician.
* Proof of completion of a recognised training course for an Accuracy Checking Technician/ Pharmacy Technician.
* Proof of completing your annual Continuing Professional Development requirements.
What's in it for you
Our Pharmacy department is one of the most exciting areas of our business. We are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our customers. Our modern pharmacies offer are a great environment for colleagues to develop as they help to serve Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
* Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
* Childcare Vouchers
* An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5%.
* The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan - save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
* Share Scheme options
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Financial products.
* Industry leading training up to and including NVQ L3.
Tesco Pharmacy offers a high level of working flexibility and control over your work rotas. This enables our managers to enjoy routine overlap periods with other Pharmacists on duty, so ideas about patient care and colleague development can be worked on together.
Colleague welfare is very important at Tesco, and to take your health and well-being seriously our stores ensure that Pharmacists always get uninterrupted breaks away from the Pharmacy, to help you relax, refuel and recharge on or off site.
Above all this, working for the UK's largest retailer gives you the opportunity to develop into roles anywhere in the UK and, for those interested, into fields beyond pharmacy.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life and help improve and develop our team every day. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information, please go to www.tescoplc.com.