Pre-Operative Assessment | POA | Nurse | Band 5 dependent on experience | Farnham | Full Time | Part time
Spire Clare Park Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Pre-Assessment Nurse to join our growing Pre-Operative Assessment Department.
Clare Park Hospital, located between the towns of Farnham and Fleet, provides medical and surgical treatments to patients from Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex. With ongoing investment in our facilities and introducing new services, we have been providing premium private healthcare since 1981. We offer a range of surgical specialties that includes; Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Cosmetic, Urology, Dermatology and ENT.
Duties and responsibilities:
This is a key patient safety role within Spire - The post holder will work as part of the Pre-operative assessment (POA) service ensuring safe and effective pre-operative care. Reporting to the POA lead Nurse the post holder is responsible for ensuring the safe assessment of patients. Ideally, they will be able to demonstrate an advanced level of assessment skills with analysis of clinical findings to determine fitness to proceed to surgery. To work autonomously but also a team player.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 2 years Pre-Assessment experience or Surgical experience
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care, Strong communication skills
- Must be a driver
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jodie Walsh on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications