Pre-operative Assessment Nurse | Outpatients Department | Band 5 dependent on experience | North Wales | Part or Full time hours available
Spire Yale are recruiting a Pre-Operative Assessment Nurse to join the team in their Abergele clinic.
Spire Yale is the only independent hospital in North Wales, providing premier healthcare to patients. We offer a wide range of operations and treatments and represent 23 surgical and medical specialties, including hip and knee replacements, spinal surgery, advanced pain and urology treatments as well as diagnostic procedures and keyhole surgery.
Duties and responsibilities:
Working in a small supportive team at Spire Abergele Consulting Rooms dealing with a diverse range of specialties, you will be preparing patients for various procedures and minor operations. This will include; taking bloods, conducting ECG’s, flow rates and urinalysis, liaising with GP’s, anaesthetist and consultants.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 6 months, post-graduation, hospital experience
- Experience in carrying out ECGs and Venepuncture
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Communication/organised/role model/showcase excellent patient care etc
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker on 07525887973 or e-mail [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Coordinating With Others