We are looking for a newly qualified Registered Mental Health / Learning Disability Nurse (RMN / RNLD) to complete their Preceptorship programme at our high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for women.
You’ll be working 42 hours a week Cygnet Teilo House, our Rehabilitation Service.
St Teilo House is situated on the outskirts of the village of Rhymney with fantastic views of the beautiful Welsh countryside. It is a 23-bed service specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for women in a safe and comfortable environment.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Your programme includes...
• Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager
• Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
• Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
• Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
• Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
• Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
• Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group
• Certificate and letter of completion
• Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
A Newly Qualified RMN/RNLD with or awaiting a current Pin Number, you’ll have…
•Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
•Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
•Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
•Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
•Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
•Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary rise from £16.15ph to £17.15ph, once completed preceptorship
- Welcome Bonus of £2,000
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Generous study and exam leave
- Teaching and CPD Programmes
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Plus many more
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet St Teilo House has been designed to provide an environment which promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity.
St Teilo House is a female mental health rehabilitation service situated on the outskirts of the village of Rhymney with fantastic views of the beautiful Welsh countryside just at the end of the road. The setting gives it an air of tranquillity, perfect to promote well-being in all our patients. The mental health hospital provides thoughtfully-designed, well-appointed surroundings to enable the women in our care to re-build their living and vocational skills, ready to regain their place in the community.
Our service has been designed with rehabilitation and wellness in mind and includes well-appointed furnishings to provide the women in our care a calming service. Each spacious bedroom has en-suite facilities. Cygnet St Teilo House also includes a gym, hair and beauty salon, self-modulation room and two large communal lounge areas. Dedicated clinical teams provide a multidisciplinary input including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training.
We are local to Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Hereford and Abergavenny.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
[ Link removed ]