Pricing AnalystThe Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a methodical and highly organised Pricing Analyst to join our Thistle based in Gloucester. This role gives you the opportunity to work across a variety of insurance products and distribution channels, allowing you to broaden your experience and progress within the business. As a Pricing Analyst you will be optimising product pricing across the different distribution channels (Aggregators, online quote and buy, contact centres and affinity partners).
Your analytical background will be from a schemes pricing environment within an insurance company or brokerage. You will have a natural mathematical/actuarial approach and a keen eye for detail gained from your previous experience working with MI teams. An excellent level of communication and presentation skills is important, and you will have the ability to decode and relay back concisely and in simple terms to various stakeholders. You will have the ability to think laterally, exercising sound judgement and decision making. Your good knowledge of software packages such as SAS (or similar) and pricing software packages like Radar will also support you in this role.
As the business goes through an exciting growth period, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects.Location:
Based in the centre of town, close to bus routes and Gloucester Train Station is just a 10-minute walk away. Parking is also available close to the office.Responsibilities:
- You will develop and maintain pricing models, at a product level, across the various personal and commercial insurance schemes to ensure the businesses meet their revenue objectives,
- You will build growth and pricing plans for finalising and approval by managers,
- You will be producing quarterly product-based underwriting performance packs for managers,
- You will be analysing risk and claims data, providing key findings and recommendations, as well as providing impact analysis of any proposed product and pricing changes,
- You will monitor performance targets by product and recommend corrective action,
- You will work closely with the business teams to understand issues impacting growth and underwriting performance,
- You will support the development of pricing models for launches of new schemes and products, different distribution channels and new affinity partners,
- You will have previous experience working in a pricing role within an insurance company (general insurance highly desirable),
- You will have a strong analytical/actuarial approach with excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal, written and negotiation), being able to decode and relay information back clear and concisely,
- You will have good stakeholder management experience with the ability to build solid relationships,
- You will have experience working with an MI team and will be familiar with software packages including MS Office, SAS and Radar (or similar),
- You will be able to multi-task, working in a methodical, organised, and effective way with excellent time management skills, planning around delivery to ensure correct pricings are implemented at the right time,
Full Job Description available on request.Further information
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.