About the company recruiting for the role of Principal Medical Writer
The Fix are working with a very well known medical communications agency.
They offer medical affairs, medical education, internal training and much much more.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and motivated individual looking for a dynamic role in a growing medical communications agency, keen to take the lead on accounts in different therapy areas involving a broad range of projects, including publications
For the role of Principal Medical Writer, Are you able to motivate and mentor other team members and junior writers?
You must be consistently able to deliver scientifically accurate work of high quality that meets the client’s objectives
Can develop and maintain relationships with clients and actively pursue new business opportunities
Show a proactive and flexible approach to your work
The responsibilities for this Principal Medical Writer role are;
* Your day to day role will be to ensure that your work, and that of your team, is of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meets the client’s needs and conforms to any industry guidelines
* Serve as the lead editorial contact for your clients and experts, building key relationships with existing clients and contributing to new business opportunities
* Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input into accounts, actively seeking to add value and working closely with the account team to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
* Manage, motivate and inspire the medical writing team to excel and to actively promote their individual growth and development
* Identify and anticipate any problems or resource limitations that could jeopardise the delivery of projects on-time, on-budget or with sufficient quality
* Maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices
The requirements for this Principal Medical Writer role are;
* Graduate in life sciences (ideally biomedical), higher degree (PhD) preferred
* Previous medical writing experience in a medical communications agency essential
* Previous line management and/or mentoring experience essential
* Experience across a broad range of activities; publication experience preferred
* Ability to pick up on new therapy areas quickly and to work across multiple accounts
* Excellent communication and project management skills
* A flexible, proactive approach with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Coaching And Mentoring