Product Owner - Packaging
TMS Global are a wholly owned subsidiary of DS Smith PLC, a FTSE100 listed multi-national packaging and display manufacturing business. TMS Global specialise in the outsourcing of retail display, print and packaging and are active in 97 markets globally and our TMS family consists of just over 300 people who are spread internationally across APAC, LATAM, EMEA and NA.
About the role
Due to significant expansion because of new business wins we are looking to grow our Technical Services Team with the addition of a Product Owner to focus on developing our technologies for our Packaging division. Our head office is based in Manchester so this would be a great location to be near or commutable to, but alternatively if you live further afield and are happy to travel here on a hybrid / remote basis then we'd also be happy to consider this too.
As our Product Owner you will be responsible for contributing to the overall TMS software roadmap and delivering the roadmap with the wider team and our partners. The systems we use are mainly delivered through a SaaS model. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to guide requirements, identify solutions (build or buy), develop, test and deliver the desired solution to the business.
With an ambitious growth agenda globally, this is an exciting time to join TMS to develop and build these technologies that underpin our growth strategy.
Some of the responsibilities that you would cover are:
- Contribute to the building and management of the technology road map
- Be responsible for delivery of the projects approved on the roadmap
- Collaborate with TMS Leadership and Client Services teams to devise marketable technology solutions.
- Have full accountability for the products in scope for the role and contribute to the direction of other platforms that your stakeholders use, these may cover:
- ERP / Job management system, provided SAAS
- Product Information system
- SRM (Supplier Relationship management system), provided SAAS
- DAM (Digital asset management), provided SAAS
- Online Catalogue System, developed in house
- TMS Portal, developed in house
- TMS BI Systems, developed in house / provided SaaS
- Integration of applications
- Management of transactional data to Data Warehouse
- Gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders through appropriate methods
- Work with UX, solution architect, technical project manager and development team/SaaS partners to design solutions
- Make decisions on final solutions
- Work with business teams to increase engagement with applications where appropriate
- Having previous experience operating in a similar, business facing role, would be great and essential for this role. Alongside having dealt with third party supplier delivery models as well as in-house development teams.
- Previous experience working with Agile development methodologies and understating of SaaS applications would also be essential to have for this role.
- If you have previous experience of managing system related projects (either through SaaS Partners or development teams) and previous experience of managing offshore development teams then this role would be a great fit!
- Experience within the Packaging Industry would be an advantage, and any experience with P2P or automation implementations would also be some great desirable exposure to have had.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work Policy
If you think you have the right background and experience, please get in touch!
Please submit a copy of your current CV.
- Agile Methodology
- Customer Service
- Data Warehousing
- Digital Asset Management