£42,000 - £50,000 / year
Product Support Engineer (Bluetooth / WLAN)
Anritsu Corporation has been a provider of innovative communications solutions for 120 years. The company's test and measurement solutions include wireless, optical, microwave / RF and digital instruments, operations support systems and solutions that can be used during R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance.
Position: Product Marketing Engineer
Location: Luton, UK
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £42k-50k per annum
About the role:
The Product Marketing Engineer will provide technical and application support in pre-sales activities to Anritsu sales organization and / or directly to customers. This role is suitable for specialist in telecom domain.
• Provide pre-sales technical support to Anritsu worldwide sales channel, Field Application Engineers and customers
• Professionally demonstrate the products to customers on-site in their respective territories
• Manage customer technical evaluations of the products
• Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the products and measurement techniques
• Build and maintain a broad technical understanding of Bluetooth and WLAN standards
• Maintain technical engineering skills by undertaking appropriate product development tasks
• Provide technical liaison between the business unit's marketing and engineering teams.
• Provide answers to technical questions direct to customer or through the sales channel throughout the pre-sales cycle
• Conduct technical training of sales, marketing and support teams
• Provide technical input to customer tender documents
• Provide customer / competitor / market feedback to the product development to help steer product development strategy
• Prepare and deliver customer presentations and seminars
• Plan, develop and maintain demonstration 'toolkits'
• Further develop the pre-sales application support function
• Previous telecoms experience
• Degree in electronics, telecommunications or similar
• Engineering and / or telecommunications experience in the field of test and measurement
• Sound knowledge of Bluetooth and WLAN protocols and test technology
• Preferred HNC / HND in Electronics, Electrical
• Ability to communicate and present technical information.
• Experience of RF and RF power measurement techniques and programming experience in any of the .Net languages are very welcome
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken
• Willingness and ability to travel worldwide sometimes at short notice (around 4 days a month)
• Valid UK work permit
• Degree level
• Experience of RF and RF power measurement techniques
• Previous experience of sales, marketing or support in a customer facing role
• Experience of product development processes
• Experience of representing company within Industry Forums
• Programming experience in .Net languages
You may have experience of the following: Product Marketing Engineer, Product Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, Telecoms Technician, Support Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics Technicians, Technical Support Engineer, Telecoms Analyst, Network Engineer, etc.