We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Wilnecote team in the position of Production Supervisor.
The position provides direct support to the Production Manager for the management and control of Green Brick production across the site. It is responsible for meeting budget requirements, reporting, efficient and timely production, and management of employees including H&S, Quality and Environment.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Health and Safety of self and others.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage all site activities in a safe, efficient and effective manner
- Following Green Brick scheduling and production
- Ensure health and safety and legislative requirements are enforced
- Maintain and manage a committed team through effective personal leadership
- Participating in continuous plant improvements
- Staff appraisals
- Liaise with Quarry, Kiln and Packaging Department to ensure maximum yield
- Deputise for the Production Manager when necessary
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification, or prepared to attain one
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Forterra Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
We have an extensive network of 17 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Occupational Safety And Health