Job Title: Property Claims Officer
Job type: Full Time
We are seeking staff with experience in undertaking land rights related work within the utility sectors.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa's at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
The purpose of the job is to identify prospective claimants and negotiate their introduction as clients, subsequently developing and submitting land compensation claims relating to compulsory purchase projects, also claims relating to land rights acquired or required by statutory bodies.
Info regarding the role:
Those offered an interview will need to prepare a presentation and also undertake a psychometric test to assist in our appointment.
You will need a full driving licence and access to a car
The role is flexible location but you will be expected to attend an office near Leeds at least one day per week and more at the start of the role, you will have access to the office if you do not wish to homework.
- A proactive approach and an ability to contact potential clients in a professional manner.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Determination and a positive ' can do ' attitude
- An ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Good IT skills and an ability to search through records to identify potential clients
- Be prepared to learn a new area of business
- Manage your time effectively and deliver results
- To deal with clients to a high standard whilst achieving job profitability
- Negotiate compensation under the supervision of others
- Assist in the delivery of agreed targets
- To provide support to other offices as directed
- A good working knowledge of IT.
- Either a cognate (property degree) or a general degree most likely business, marketing or geography attaining at least a 2.1.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- A willingness to be part of a team and to interact with other professional staff.
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing
- Interpersonal Skills