VQ Life Sciences are recruiting for a Permanent QA Officer for a leading Pharmaceutical Contract Development & Manufacturing Organisation based in North Wales.
There is a position available for a QA Officer to join our evolving Laboratory Quality function positioned within the Project Operations group. The role will form a critical part of the business, providing an essential quality function to support the set-up, qualification & operation of a high performance GMP microbiology laboratory performing a wide variety of method development, method qualification and product testing. The QA Officer will report directly to the Quality Operations Manager. The role will involve interaction across various business groups such as engineering, facilities & development teams to deliver & maintain the companies microbiology laboratory strategy.
Candidates should possess a scientific or pharmaceutical production background (degree in Pharmaceutical or Microbiological science), and a strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and its application for both Investigational Medicinal Products and Commercial Products. Prior experience of Quality Assurance in the Microbiological setting is preferred, though not critical.
A good level of attention to detail, good organisation and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate would be a good team player with the confidence and ability to represent the department in project meetings, should the need arise as well as being a champion of quality improvement initiatives. Whilst previous QA experience in pharmaceuticals or microbiology is preferred, the critical attributes for the role are enthusiasm, pragmatism, positive attitude, as well as commitment to the role & on-time completion.
Day to day activities for the QA Officer include the following:
* Writing, reviewing or approving documentation to support the installation & qualification of a microbiology laboratory & introduction of new laboratory equipment
* Reviewing and approving SOPs, raw materials, analytical methods, test protocols, analytical data & technical reports
* Reviewing and approving method qualification / validation documents relating to work performed at work and by external parties.
* Providing Quality guidance and support in laboratory investigations, deviations, change controls, quality & efficiency improvements, customer and supplier complaints, implementation of CAPA
* Supporting the establishment, approval & roll-out of training modules across relevant business areas
* Providing concise communications relating to project progress
If you have the relevant QA Officer experience within Microbiology and interested in this Permanent position based in North Wales, please get in touch with Alex Prew
Product Quality Assurance
Good Manufacturing Practices