Quality Assurance Manager
Do you have a high level of attention to detail? Are you keen to get into a compliance, auditing, quality assurance and training role?
We are currently recruiting for a Divisional Quality Assurance Manager to join our Southern Region Speciality Team. You will have experience working within a regulatory framework coming from a background of either financial services, NHS, law or compliance and policy. You will be undertaking quality case file reviews, providing individual and site feedback to improve results, whilst identifying themes/trends and assisting with training.
Based in the South of England, this role will be initially working from home due to the current pandemic and will be office based once all returns to normal. You will be required to do a lot of travelling by car as well as public transport to our southern regional offices. If you own your own car, happy to travel, this role could be perfect for you! We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our innovative team, dedicated to driving excellence around our customers experience and best practice throughout PIB.
As the business continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects.Location:
This is a divisional role that can be based anywhere in the South, which involves lots of travel. You will be required to travel to our southern regional offices from Norwich to South Wales and all areas in between, visiting each office allocated to you once a quarter. Some visits will require overnight stays.About us:
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.Responsibilities:
- You will be monitoring case file reviews, ensuring these are compliant with broking standards & FCA regulations throughout the Speciality division, recording outcomes on the Acturis and xCenta system, reporting findings to all stakeholders,
- You will identify trends and learning outcomes further to quality monitoring reviews and assist business areas by providing root cause analysis and training to staff,
- You will be working with the Operations & Assurance Managers and / or Divisional Assurance Officer to review internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance with FCA regulations and company procedural standards, reviewing the business on how it's operating, identifying gaps within the processes and any training requirements,
- In conjunction with Operations & Assurance Managers, you will ensure that any compliance audit findings are implemented by business areas and ensure the central monitoring systems are updated
- You will provide monitoring, review, oversight and reporting of the business' adhering to customer and regulatory requirements including check the checker, second person sign off, refund requests, breach and Error & Ommisions reporting, complaints, fee application, delegated authority, MRC's etc.
- You will oversee and monitor breach logging, further to quality assurance findings, undertaking appropriate root cause analysis and engaging with the business to ensure delivery of improvements,Experience:
- You will have experience working within a regulatory framework, from either financial services, NHS, law or compliance and policy or similar,
- You will be confident and able to deliver on information to stakeholders up to senior level,
- You will have experience gained directly within the insurance broking industry, or lesser experience supported by professional insurance qualifications desirable,
- You will have high attention to detail, being able to identify areas of development,
- You will be able to deliver constructive, positive feedback, working in a collaborative way to ensure streamlined processes and best practice,
- You will be at a good level using MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook,
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written,
- You will be highly motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative,
Full Job Description available on request.Further information
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee's success isn't measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Financial Services, Insurance Broker, QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, FCA Regulations, Compliance Manager, etc.