CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced R&D Process Chemist on behalf of a growing North East Chemical Manufacturer at their site in Redcar.
The main responsibility of this position will be to develop safe, cost-effective processes for compounds, scaling them up through laboratory, pilot plant and onto full-scale production and providing the necessary technical support to ensure the success of those activities. (These processes may be distillation or reactive chemistry)
You will also be required to assist in continually improving the viability of existing products by improving processing efficiencies through yield improvement, cycle-time reduction and waste minimisation as well as supplying a first rate technical service in response to customer enquiries and issues.
* Hold a PhD (or Equivalent) in Chemistry
* Prior experience working in an Industrial Process Development role
* Experience of scale up from laboratory to pilot and full plant production
* Excellent knowledge of analytical techniques such as GC, HPLC, GCMS and NMR and the ability to interpret analytical results
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Computer literacy with MS Office (Word and Excel)
* Be a committed, flexible and pragmatic team player with a professional approach.
* Project Management experience and use of Six Sigma tools and techniques or similar
* Knowledge and application of other Continuous Improvement Techniques
* A strong knowledge of distillation
* Knowledge of ISO9001 and cGMP systems
If you would like to apply for this role or have any questions then feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners for further info
Cycle Time Variation
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Attention To Detail
Six Sigma Methodology