Our client, one of Ireland’s most established hardware and building merchants retail chain is seeking to recruit a Regional Manager to join the group.
Reporting to the Head of Group Operations, this challenging role will require the successful candidate to take full responsibility and ownership of a region of stores.
As Regional Manager , you will be responsible for overseeing, controlling, and monitoring the smooth running of your allocated stores. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the stores in your region, as well as driving and increasing sales and margins. You will set and maintain store operational standards, manage store budgets, and promote a customer-focused culture.
This job requires an experienced retailer with Trade / Builders Merchants retail management experience to influence, guide, and inspire the group in achieving the highest operational and commercial standards.
This job may suit an experienced General Store Manager from a Building Merchants or DIY background looking to expand their experience.
Responsibilities for the job of Regional Manager include:
- Developing strong commercial and business relationships through effective communication and influencing skills
- Taking full responsibility and ownership of designated regions to actively drive implementation of the group’s business plan
- Assisting with people management, performance management, and customer engagement
- Monitoring competitor activity, both direct and indirect, and presenting findings back to store operations
- Supporting stores on stock controls, audits, margin and profit through regular visits and stock audits
- Ensuring clear goals, objectives, and performance standards are established and communicated to your team
Key requirements and experience for the job of Regional Manager:
- 5 year’s senior management experience with a strong track record in DIY Hardware/Builders Merchant essential
- Strong understanding of stock control, pricing, and margin management
- Ability to identify, analyse, and interpret operational reports and create commercially focused action plans to improve profitability
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, work well individually and as part of a team
- Full clean license with the flexibility to travel nationwide
- Excellent salary DOE
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please contact Aislinn with your updated CV through the link provided.
- Competitor Analysis
- Stock Control