Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic, self-motivated Registered General Nurses to join our multidisciplinary team based in Cambridge. You will be providing education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
* Accountable for safeguarding and promoting young people’s rights, providing good quality care which respects individual differences.
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual healthcare needs and support the participation of the child or young person to contribute to the planning of their own healthcare support where appropriate.
* Facilitate nurse led health clinics at the school and administer medication safely and effectively; maintaining accurate, clear and up to date records and responding quickly to any variance or deterioration in a child or young person's health, applying knowledge and skills to manage symptoms and seeking advice when required.
* Ensure all children and young people have a full support plan pathway in accordance with relevant standards.
* Ensure risk assessments are adhered to and incorporated into support plans.
* Lead and support therapeutic interventions as appropriate on an individual basis.
* Prepare written reports for clinical reviews and to contribute to case conference reports.
* Clinically lead and support a team of residential support workers.
* Current NMC Registration
* Experience of working with children and young people with special education needs and high level support needs including behaviours that challenge
* Experience of working with ASD, PMLD and SLD
* Knowledge of Sensory Integration Theory
Salary for this role is up £35,000 depending on experience plus additional benefits. This is a 40 a week contract and you must be flexible to work shifts which will include weekends.
* Perk Box
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Free Meals
* Free Parking
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne or apply on line