Registered Nurse (4024)
* Job Category:
* Vacancy Hours:
* Vacancy Working Patterns:
* Apply Now
brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents' happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training programmes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals - to help those we care for, love every day!
To act in accordance with the required standards as set out by the business to ensure optimum levels of care are delivered to all service users at all times.
To take responsibility for the overall management of the home in the absence of the Home and Deputy Managers
* Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of person centred care are being delivered at all times by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of the care plans;
* Observing and carrying out appropriate hand-overs to ensure the detail and accuracy of service user information being provided;
* Commit to acting in line with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, maintaining registration requirements;
* Responsible for the overall management and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed in line with their job roles in an efficient and effective way, during the period of duty;
* Carryout nursing tasks including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
* Maintain effective communications with residents, relatives and other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that appropriate information is shared and the residents needs are met;
* Manage own workload to ensure that the interests of residents are met;
Support and Guidance:
* Provide support and guidance to all staff, providing demonstrations and instructions of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff;
* Attend and contribute to staff meetings and training sessions, encouraging others to attend and participate also;
* Liase with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual residents to maintain a holistic approach to their care;
* Liaise with family members of residents and GP's in respect of any changes in the residents condition, which gives rise to concerns;
* Keep all parties informed and involved in choices for ongoing care whilst upholding the terms of information governance.
Health and Safety:
* Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks in particular moving and handling of residents. Carryout risk assessments having due regard for personal safety and safety of residents, visitors and staff;
* Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act and fire safety and evacuation procedures, demonstrating a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in your area of work.
* Conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident;
* Contribute to, and encourage team-working at all times, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly;
* Advise on the supply and quality of items used to carry our tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods within Home budget;
* Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement;
* Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value with their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion. Your talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
If you possess these skills and the drive to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you. In return brighterkind provide a variety of competitive benefits including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, child care vouchers and an employee discount scheme.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
* A team player - brighterkind is a low 'ego' organisation;
* Strong communicator and influencer;
* Energetic and hard-working;
* Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do
* A sense of humour and positive outlook on life - Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
We offer unrivalled employee benefits as our staff are at the heart of our achievements and future vision. Rewarding commitment and long service are important to us and all employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
* Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
* Ongoing personal development plan and career progression
* Team Meal Offering
* Free uniform
* High street discount vouchers
* NEST work place pension contributions
* Long service awards and vouchers
Successful applicants will be required to work on a rolling rota and therefore will be required to work on a weekend as appropriate.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
As you can imagine we receive very high volumes of applications for some of our roles.
Whilst we are not able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with brighterkind.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please keep checking our website for upcoming opportunities.