We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced surgical ward nurse to join a high end Vision Clinic in the heart of Harley Street.
Working 42 hours a week, including a 1 hour lunch break.
Shifts: 7:30-16:00, 08:30-17:00, 09:00-17:30 or 10:00-19:00
Caring for the patient’s pre and post operatively. The role involves some ophthalmic diagnostic testing, as well as assisting the surgeon in the theatre (No experience required, Full Training will be provided).
* Pre and post operative ophthalmic testing
* Administer and dispensing eye drops
* Education on how to use drops
* Assisting the surgeon in surgery in various procedures
* Ordering of medical supplies
* Stock takes
* Following Care Quality Commission standards
* Correspondence with patients.
* Diploma or Degree in Nursing and to hold a valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
* 1-2 years surgical ward experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* A self-starter, capable of working within a team with minimal supervision
* Clerical and administrative experience using computers
* Working Knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
* Good problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills.
Experience nurses with 1-2 years surgical ward experience apply today to secure a quick interview
- Self Motivation
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Clerical Works