You will join us as a Research Scientist responsible for the research and development of C-Ion supercapacitor materials and structures to increase voltage, lifetime and energy density of devices.
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Development of novel, non-aqueous energy storage mechanisms.
- Optimisation of the interaction between electrodes and electrolyte to improve performance.
- Design and development of aqueous / organic electrode inks.
- Testing and evaluation of various materials for their suitability.
- Studying the effects of different constituents on electrode performance.
Research Scientist Requirements:
- PhD in Scientific or Engineering discipline with relevant experience in energy storage technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of the application of nano materials to energy storage systems.
- Hands-on experience in Electrochemical techniques, ink and slurry formulations, coating techniques.
- Proven skills in materials characterisation techniques such as high-resolution electron microscopy, BET, PSD, etc.
- Good IT skills, including the ability to use statistical analysis software competently.
About ZapGo Ltd:
ZapGo is a high technology business based in Oxford developing technology to address the problems of slow charging and hazardous materials encountered by the current generation of battery-powered devices and vehicles.
Location: Harwell, Didcot, OX11 0SG
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 8.45am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 4.30pm on Friday
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
Benefits: Private medical healthcare, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, non-contributory pension.
You may have experience of the following: Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Research Fellow, Research Fellowship, Research Associate, PhD Graduate, MSc Graduate etc.
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Science - Harwell) .