Vacancy for Residential Security Assistant
Location Southampton SO15
Contract Type Permanent - Employee
Working Days Monday - Sunday
Working Times Between 8:00pm and 08:00am
Shift Pattern 4 on 4 off
Working Hours per Week 42 hours
Pay Rate £9.50 per hour
Job Reference VE/11684/1
Working as part of a team, you'll provide assistance and support to residents at a National Probation Service Approved Premises (AP) including security, welfare and monitoring services. You'll maintain an active presence throughout your shift, ensuring that offenders, residents, visitors, colleagues and the fabric of the premises are kept safe and secure.
You will also:
* Undertake regular inspections and patrols of the building
* Monitor the behaviour of high risk residents
* Ensure that the building is locked and secure during curfew periods, and confirm the presence and wellbeing of residents overnight
* Support a safe working environment for staff, residents and visitors by adhering to Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures
* Deal with visitors and telephone calls, and monitor the work of visiting contractors
* Respond appropriately to abusive or aggressive behaviour.
With a commitment to equality and inclusion, and a caring approach, to succeed in this role you will also need:
* Experience of working with a diverse range of people who have experienced a range of social or personal difficulties
* SIA Security Guarding Licence
* Good general education to at least Level 2 - i.e. 5 GCSEs or equivalent
* Good IT and administration skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Qualification in First Aid - preferred
* Knowledge of risk management relating to offenders - preferred
* To be compliant with pre-employment security and vetting checks, including DBS and five years checkable history
* To be able to provide/pass an enhanced criminal record/DBS check.
Sound interesting? Apply now! If you require any support with your online application form, please feel free to contact Ria Banitas on Apply Now >>
or at Apply Now >>
What will you get in return?
* A pension scheme- to save for the future
* Access to high street discounts
* Access to low interest loans
* Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
* Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
* Long Service Awards
* Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
Print this Page
Add to Favourites
E-mail this Job to a Friend