Residential Worker (3381)
A career that's life-changing
Location: Mumbles, Swansea
Contract : FTC for 9 Months Maternity Cover
Hours :Full-Time (working 35 hours a week)
Salary: £23,900 per annum, pro rata
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 301,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
Ty Laura Short Breaks is a 4-bedded residential service which provides short breaks for children and young people aged 5-17 with disabilities. As a Residential Worker, you'll help our team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care. You'll also attend training, team meetings and take part in supervisions during the day. You will be a key team member who will support the manager and team leader to ensure the service is run as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Doing vital work that has a direct and lasting effect, you'll be helping some of our most vulnerable children, their families and our society. Like us you'll deal in action, always ready to intervene to ensure the children in our care are safe, happy and well cared for.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
By providing a safe environment where they can enjoy time with their friends
By working towards giving them a positive future
By helping them in all aspects of their daily lives and supporting their health and happiness, helping them to work towards identified outcomes and goals.
* A commitment to working on a 24-hour shift rota pattern, which includes evenings, night working, weekends and some bank holidays
* Experience of working with children and young people
* QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People or similar or willing to work towards it
* Registered with Social Care Wales
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Effective IT skills.
* Safeguarding knowledge
* A positive approach, providing a fun environment for all the children in our care.
* A driving licence is preferable as you will be required to attend meetings throughout the area and we can offer training to drive the project mini bus.
* Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
* Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
* Season ticket travel loans
* Company pension scheme
* Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
If you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website which should only take around 5 minutes to complete. Please have your CV handy to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!