To plan, develop and implement a commercial strategy to meet Galvin's organisational objectives. A Sales & Events Manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep Galvin at Windows Restaurant and Bar a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business
• Directs Galvin at Windows in the development, implementation and achievement of their annual business objectives; maximize all revenue opportunities such as balcony bookings, exclusive or part hires, as well as group bookings, receptions, dining, private dining, events and tour groups from social bookers, key corporate clients, conference and incentive agents and event organisers across the bar and the restaurant. Groups are specified as 8 guests and above.
• Develop a pro-active approach to sales leads, working alongside PR and Marketing Team and Senior Managers.
• Create and maintain a quarterly plan for sales activities to support GAW revenue objectives, focusing on need periods.
• Identify business opportunities locally and nationally and developing a strategy by liaising with the Reservations Manager and the Hotel's Proactive Sales Team.
• Participates in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client and other industry relevant events to drive business and to increase market / customer share in all revenue streams.
• Source, research and pro-actively contact new business prospects, focusing on corporate clients and event organisers.
• Maintain weekly and monthly reports; including weekly revenue trackers and conversion rates.
• Plan and manage all group bookings and events liaising with clients, Head Chefs and GM.
• Maximise revenue from large groups and events bookings.
• Ensure all large groups and events enquiries are handled by the Reservations
Tein accordance with agreed standards.
• Build long term relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
• Develop and maintain group, event and corporate database.
• Ensure client invoices are correct and assist accounts in chasing payments in line with corporate policies and procedures.
• Maintain a high profile when answering calls while being polite and helpful
• Ensure all our regular customers and their likes and dislikes are input into guest notes in Opentable
• Liaise with reservations manager with regards to Opentable bookings regularly
• Administration of all the deposits and refunds for all parties.
Liaises with Commercial Director of the London Hilton on Park Lane to review the effectiveness of activities.
What are we looking for?
Acting as a role model for the team and leading by example at all times.
Taking ownership and accountability for your actions.
Preparing and agreeing to work towards department and personal objectives.
Overcoming barriers that limit business performance and the implementation of change.
Providing structured feedback to your team
Being aware of the cultural and social differences across the guest(s) - planning and executing accordingly and building team awareness.
Anticipating the needs of the guest(s) and taking experience enhancement actions.
Delivery of high levels of Hilton Honors guest satisfaction, repeat guest intent and problem resolution.
Clearly communicating inter‐departmental guest requests and checking understanding with servicing department.
Building relationships and loyalty / repeat bookings with all customers that represent opportunity for the business.
Having a clear understanding of the markets the Outlet operates in.
Acting on customer complaints by dealing effectively and take ownership to make it right.
Being 'at your best' all the time.
Demonstrating passion, pride, integrity and urgency in your everyday work.
Demonstrating skills and knowledge from the brand and product training you receive.
Having a confident approach to your work.
Being a team player in everything you do.
Being the owner of your actions and decisions.
Being open and honest at all times.
Communicating openly with team members, supervisors, managers in all departments.
Proactively communicating priorities within the team.
Ensuring a 'Can Do' attitude to ensure the success of the department/Outlet
Seeking out opportunities where personal strength attributes may positively impact others.
Actively working to build strong and effective working relationships with colleagues and customers at an emotional level.
Actively looking for opportunities to work with others outside your sphere of influence and seeking support when required.
Focusing on the cause, rather than the symptom of problems and always maintaining the challenge within its relevant context.
Taking on additional personal work for the benefit of a wider group.
Demonstrating active listening skills and a willingness to understand and respect the perspective of others.
Seeking out opportunities where personal strength attributes may positively impact others
Taking calculated business risks
An awareness of decisions taken that have exceeded outcome expectations as well as those that did not meet expectations.
An understanding of what is important and then investing time and energy on the issue.
Self‐Awareness - the emotional and physiological signs of stress in ourselves and others - triggers that drive negative responses.
An awareness of the impact our actions / behaviours will have on others.
Prioritising time and energy into the shift issues that add value to the customer experience or profitability of the business (or both)
The building of strong relationships with specialist support, team members and regular guests.
The implementation of own and others' initiatives to drive both organizational and personal effectiveness in a sustainable manner.
A commitment to learn from business and personal performance reviews - to keep learning and looking for improvement.
High levels of team engagement and awareness of purpose, goals and business objectives.
The effective delivery of learning experiences and deployment of incentives to support workforce effectiveness.
Being able to articulate the value you have personally added to the business.
5+ hotel / restaurant / event planning sales experience selling to major corporates, conference agents or a high-end third party business
Significant experience and strong delivery track record in Leadership roles and Sales roles.
Have excellent command of English-grammar, spelling and spoken.
Have excellent administration background with excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Have good organisational skills.
Be able to communicate both verbally and in writing, at all levels, being assertive where necessary.
Be able to work on own initiative and able to make decisions when necessary.
Be able to adapt to changing circumstances and be a positive and enthusiastic team player and remain calm under pressure.
Solution and results driven
Strong commercial acumen
Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its Apply Now >>. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!